The year 2016 presented a lot of opportunities for athletes to showcase their talents. From the Micronesian Athletics Championship, to the Rio Olympics. Here is a list of some outstanding athletes of 2016, and a poll to vote for who you thought was the most outstanding.
- Jennifer Chieng: "FSM boxer Jennifer Chieng hopes to inspire others"
- Will Stinnett: "Stinnett turns hoop dreams into reality"
- Rodman Teltull: "Palau runner makes Olympic history"
- Mattie Sasser: "Sport: Marshalls lifter wins gold"
- David Katoatau (Kiribati). Rio Olympics weightlifter and climate change activist.
- Debra Daniel (Pohnpei). 3 time Olympic veteran.
- Benjamin Schulte (Guam). Rio Olympic swimmer.