Tonight's games mark the start of the playoffs. We open our double-header with "Bang-Bang" vs. "Islanders". Bang-Bang stages their run at back-to-back titles, and they started with a BANG! They unraveled the Islanders with their dizzying offense, running the court and sharing the ball well. They cruised to a 108-58 win.
- J. Nethon (34): 13pts, 4rbs, 1ast, 2stls, 1blk.
- Atiwa Nick (17): 11pts, 2rbs, 1stl, and shot 50% from the field.
- Timmy Tolenoa (2): 18pts, 12rbs, 2asts, 2stls, 75% shooting (9/13).
- Dio Taulung: 24pts, 12rbs, 4asts, 4stls and shot 50%.
Game 2 of our double-header was between "Namdrik" and "Palau". This game could easily be the game of the year. After being down for most of the game, Namdrik organized a comeback in the final quarter to tie up the score, 59-59. Both teams had a try at the final seconds to take the game but were unable to capitalize, resulting in our first overtime game of the playoffs. After scoring steadily throughout the game both teams were unable to make baskets during extra play, due in part to the exceptional defense being played by both sides. The game changer were free-throws, specifically Namdrik's free-throws, missing only 4 out of their 24 free-throw attempts in the final 15 minutes of the game. Honorable mention, #11 of Namdrik who drained 12 of his 16 free-throw attempts (75%). His ice-cold play at the stripe sealed the game for Namdrik. Final score: 65-63 (OT), in favor of Namdrik. They now move on to face defending champs Bang Bang, in a rematch of their close game last month.
- Ray Watson (24): 18pts, 8rbs, 1ast, 3stls, 2blks. 70% field goal (7/10).
- Brooks Basilius (7): 12pts, 4rbs, 3asts, 1stl, 1blk. 56% shooting (5/9).
- Mitham Clement (22): 22pts, 10rbs, 1ast, 1stl, 9/15 from the free-throw line.
- Erick Pedro (7): 12pts, 21rbs, 4asts, 5stls, 2blks.
- Nick Lang (11): 18pts, 2rbs, 2asts, 2stls, shot 12/16 from the free-throw line, (75%).